Caitlin, the heroine of Touched to the heart, lives and works in Hermanus, South Africa. Don inherited a house from an uncle of his and he visits Caitlin’s physiotherapy rooms in Hermanus.
Way back when, Hermanus used to be a small fishing village but over the last few of decades it has morphed into a bustling town, bursting at the seams over weekends and holidays.
Futunately, some things haven’t changed and when I thought of possible dates Don could take Caitlin on, these are a few things I think any heroine would enjoy:
- Take her to see the Old Harbour
- Watch the whales in September
- Go for a leisurely lunch to one of the many wine farms in the Hemel and Aarde Valley (Heaven and Earth).
- Take her on a hike in the Fernkloof Mountains – a magical place
- Take her to watch the waves at Kwaaiwater (angry water) where the waves are enormous and the sound deafening.
Whales in Walker Bay in September