Today I’m having tea with author Bernadette Marie and we’re talking about book 3 in her Walker Bride series, Walker Bride. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a huge fan of her writing and enjoyed getting to know more about her!
1. Tea or wine? Tea
2. Read or jog? Read (but I listen to books while I Jog, does that count?)
3. Cats or dogs? Dogs
4. Heels or flats? Flats
5. Boxers or briefs? hmmmm, I’ve been married too long to have an opinion I think J
6. Milk, dark or white chocolate Milk!
7. Sweet or savoury Sweet
8. Sea or mountains Mountains
B. Five likes and five dislikes
- The sound my family makes in the house (even if it’s loud.)
- Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate
- The feeling of being happy
- Being held close by the person you love most
- my job
- Dishonest people
- closed minded people
- big crowds (you know…stadium or concert venues)
- Homework deadlines with crabby, hungry kiddos
- being sick
C. Three things on your bucket list
- To live somewhere else for 1-3 months (only)
- NYT Bestseller list
- Run a ½ marathon
D. What triggered this specific story?
This story is the 3rd in the Walker Family series. We met Pearl and Tyson in book one and they seemed to be uniquely fitting for one another. Each of them are a little lost in their own right and I think their story was a nice transition to the others to come.
Bernadette Marie has been an avid writer since the early age of 13, when she’d fill notebook after notebook with stories that she’d share with her friends. Her journey into novel writing started the summer before eighth grade when her father gave her an old typewriter. At all times of the day and night you would find her on the back porch penning her first work, which she would continue to write for the next 22 years.
In 2007 – after marriage, filling her chronic entrepreneurial needs, and having five children – Bernadette began to write seriously with the goal of being published. That year she wrote 12
books. In 2009 she was contracted for her first trilogy and the published author was born. In 2011 she (being the entrepreneur that she is) opened her own publishing house, 5 Prince
Publishing, and has released contemporary titles and has begun the process of taking on other authors in other genres.
Bernadette spends most of her free time driving her kids to their many events. She is also an accomplished martial artist, working her way to her second degree black belt in Tang Soo Do.
An avid reader she loves to meet readers who enjoy reading contemporary romances and
she always promises Happily Ever After.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page